Guest blogger: Alex Johnson, age 10
Hi! My name is Alex Johnson. I’m ten years old, and I have been to Wesley Woods camp for the past two summers. I love going to church camp because of a lot of reasons:
- First, the food at camp is actually really good! And there is always dessert after dinner!
- There is an awesome pool with a big water slide that I get to swim in every day.
- I get to choose activities that I am interested in… Last year, I was in the journalism activity, and got to help make the camp newsletter. I also got to be in an activity called “Solving the Mystery” where we learned how to look for clues, examine evidence, and dust a fingerprint.
- I love sleeping in bunk beds, and passing notes to my friends during rest time.
- There are cool evening activities every night like: rock/paper/scissors tournament (where I was a top three finalist last year), giant slip n slide, fizz wars, bounce house, and a glow stick dance party.
- The counselors are nice and very cool.
- I love going to camp with some of my GUM friends, and making new friends too.
- Every day, we have chapel time in the morning, with a live band playing praise tunes REALLY loud!!!
- We also have bible study time each day with videos to help us understand what we are reading out of the bible.
- Then, at night, we go to fire bowl where we sing more songs and people tell stories about how they have felt God working in their lives.
I can’t wait to go back this summer! Thanks!
You can support scholarships for GUMchurch youth attending summer camp by designating your extra giving as “Camp Scholarship Fund”. Just write this on the memo line of your check or stop by the church office for a special envelope.